Raegan loves to swim, have tea parties, and spend time on the lake. When she was 10 years old she was diagnosed with leukemia. Raegan’s family has to pay 20% of her medical expenses while their insurance covers the other 80%. This has financially devastated the family. JUST TRYAN IT helped Raegan and her family with their mortgage and utility bills during a very difficult time.
Her parent’s write, “We realized approximately 1 month into our 8 month stay at Duke that we were going to be in bad financial shape. We began getting huge bills and we were just devastated. Needing to take leave from work, to be at Duke with our daughter, created an even bigger financial problem.
This financial burden changed our lifestyle dramatically. We were unable to pay some of our bills and we had to stop eating out at restaurants. We started cooking 1 to 2 meals a week and eating leftovers the rest of the week. We keep the A/C on 78 degrees to save on our electric bill, etc. We have physically and mentally been through so much but we continue to stay strong.
We have held on to hope by depending on our family and friends. They have assisted us in so many ways, looking after our home while we were at Duke, bringing us food and gift cards, but most importantly, listening to us and allowing us to cry on their shoulders.
Raegan is doing great; she is still tired and gets exhausted very fast after trying to accomplish small tasks. She is doing physical therapy 2 times a week. Officially, she is in remission which is a blessing to us all.”