Saturday, September 14 – Sunday, September 15, 2019
Episcopal High School
1200 N. Quaker Lane, Alexandria, VA 22302
Welcome to the 3rd annual JUST TRYAN IT Kids Triathlon! In addition to this guide, we strongly recommend you print and study the course maps (Short and Long) with your child to help familiarize them with the race. Visit our racer resources page on our website for details about what to wear and bring to the race.
Please note: NO DOGS ALLOWED ON SITE.
|DAY||TIME||DETAILS / NOTES|
1:30 and 2:30
|MANDATORY – you must get your packet during this time frame
Information Sessions / transition demonstrations
MANDATORY race packet pickup is on Saturday only. Race packets will not be available for pickup on Sunday. It is required that all racers fundraise a minimum of $50 to be eligible to pick up their race bib and take part in the triathlon. You can pick-up another racer’s packet with their approval, however that racer will need to make sure they get their wristbands and body marked on race day morning in the transition area.
At packet pickup you will collect your bibs (running and bike), helmet sticker, timing chip, race shirt, and swag plus, get body marked, collect incentives, and put on your wristband. The mandatory wristband will let our volunteers on course know which course your child is racing! Please ensure they have the right color for the correct course!
Yellow = Short course, Red = Long course
Bike Drop Off during Packet Pickup: The option to leave your bike and helmet in transition overnight is available during packet pickup. Once you receive your packet, please affix the bike tag (bib) to the bike, bib sticker to helmet and proceed to transition area. Bike drop off is NOT MANDATORY. Do not leave other items in transition. Episcopal High School security will monitor the transition area. Neither the School nor JUST TRYAN IT (JTI) are responsible for bikes left overnight. Bikes may be brought to transition on race morning.
All activities take place at Episcopal High School.
If you have checks or cash collected, please bring it with you to packet pickup.
|DAY||TIME||DETAILS / NOTES|
|Campus opens for racer and bike drop off
Opening Ceremonies / Transition Closes. All racers must have bikes in transition.
Race begins (Long course then Short course)
Awards Ceremony (time is approximate)
Campus Access and Parking
Campus access will be through N Quaker Rd entrance ONLY. Allow for ample time to walk across campus once you have parked. If you require handicap parking, please contact race director, Deb Povinelli.
Party Zone Information
Food and JTI merchandise will be available for purchase in the Party Zone. Stay after the race and play games, meet and mingle with other racers and their families and enjoy the morning and your child’s outstanding accomplishments! Chairs and blankets welcome! Bathrooms are located inside Stewart Student Center. Crossing guard volunteers will help you cross the course to access the facilities. Please take caution when crossing the race course.
Please note, the transition area can not reopen to parents until after the race is complete. We appreciate your patience.
The safety of our athletes, volunteers, and spectators is our primary concern.
- In the event of inclement weather, the race will continue under the following circumstances and with possible course adjustments:
- Lightning: The event will be postponed by 30 minutes. All racers and spectators will move to the Field House for shelter. If the lightning continues, the race will be cancelled.
- Rain: The event will NOT be canceled due to rain alone. If it is determined that the bike portion of the race would be unsafe due to wet roads, then the race will be changed to a swim-run duathlon. Athletes will be informed of such a change via announcements on race day.
- Tornado warning: The race will be canceled in the event of a tornado warning.
- Racers must have a properly fitted bike helmet with secured strap that is worn at all times when riding the bike.
- Kindly remind your racer to listen to the volunteer’s instructions at all times
- Ensure the Emergency information on the back of the running bib is correct
We kindly request that spectators remain off the course at all times unless guided by our invaluable volunteers. Thank you for your cooperation.