JUST TRYAN IT is a non-profit financially supporting families battling pediatric cancer in NC, VA, and MD. We host kids triathlons as a means to raise funds. Our strategic plans involve growth nation-wide in the coming years.
The Marketing team needs someone who will help the Executive Director with the execution of our social media initiatives as well as related initiatives in articulating our cause, impact, and events. This person will work closely with the head of our Marketing Committee and the Executive Director.
Social Media projects such as:
- Manage social channels- posting, scheduling, and coordinating content creation schedule
- Research competitive trends, campaign performance, and other relevant information for social media presentation decks and other projects
- Help with tracking performance of various campaigns
- Other projects as needed, such as helping with launching various contests and promotions
- Oversee automated campaigns in Mailchimp (email marketing program)
- Help in the creation of monthly e-newsletters
- Develop new email campaigns for new programs (outlines provided).
- Create design assets as needed
- Update images and content on website quarterly
- Experience writing for social media channels; or other relevant social media experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in graphic design (Adobe cloud suite)
- Ability to be flexible and juggle multiple tasks
- Strong interest in Marketing/Advertising/Creative Strategy
Interested candidates should contact Carrie at email@example.com. This is a paid position.
Board Member – Finance Focus
The JUST TRYAN IT Board of Directors is looking for someone to assist us in non-profit finance and management. Below is an outline of responsibilities. If interested, please contact Tracy Scarrow.
- Schedule and set agendas for monthly Finance and Audit Committee meetings
- Produce monthly Finance and Audit Committee Reports
- Submit items for monthly Board Meeting agendas
- Provide oversight of the Treasury function to include:
- monthly reviews of financial and bank statements
- review of annual budget
- assistance with the annual 990 preparations
- non-profit accounting guidance
- assistance with annual financial review process
- Non-Profit Accounting expertise to lend to Board discussions and Treasury function
The ideal candidate is passionate in our mission and financial experience working with non-profit organizations, Quickbooks and preparation of form 990.
JUST TRYAN IT does have a Treasurer / COO, bookkeeper, accounting firm for end of year tax preparation and accounting firm for annual Financial Reviews (audits not required).
Board Member – Development Focus
The JUST TRYAN IT Board of Directors is looking for someone to assist us in fundraising and sponsorship including, but not limited to, individuals, businesses, and foundations. Below is an outline of responsibilities. If interested, please contact Tracy Scarrow.
- Lead development efforts, specifically corporate sponsorship, as JUST TRYAN IT continues to expand into new markets
- Create/foster a development plan for the board and staff to follow
- Help to secure major gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Engage other board members in sponsorship procurement
- Assist in developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee peer-to-peer fundraising efforts
The ideal candidate is passionate about our mission and has experience in development, demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills, and experience on a variety of technology tools.